Low Fat Buffalo Tacos
1 pound Star B Ranch Ground Buffalo Meat
1 medium onion, finely chopped
(or your favorite prepackaged taco seasoning)
1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon dry rosemary
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
3 tablespoons taco sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
10-12 Fat Free or Low-Fat tortillas
1 cup (4oz.) Fat free or Low-Fat Cheddar cheese
3 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
2 large tomatoes, chopped
Cooking and preparation instructions:
1) In a frying pan over medium heat, cook meat until brown. Add onion and sauté 1-2 minutes.
2) Stir in chili powder, oregano paprika, rosemary, cumin, pepper, garlic salt, taco sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Or add your own package of taco seasoning.
3) Simmer on low heat, uncovered, stirring often until heated through
4) To heat tortillas - Wrap tortillas in plastic film or punch several holes in plastic package of purchased tortillas. Heat on high in microwave for 1-1 1/2 minutes.
5) Fill each tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons of buffalo meat filling. Set out bowls of cheese, lettuce, tomato and additional taco sauce. Makes 10-12 tacos.
Back to main recipe menu