Buffalo meat gaining favor
* Buffalo meat (or bison) are not on the extinction list. According to Mr.
Jay Shepard, Director at the Department of Interior in Washington D.C. "Buffalo have
not been recorded on the extinction list but the Woods Bison, a relative to the American
Bison, is on the preservation list and are on reservations in Canada."
(continued on the next column...)
|* Buffalo meat
is now considered to be the best source of protein and good health among body builders.
Active people can eat quality meat and not slow down with the fattier content of beef.
* The USDA and the American Heart Association recommends that for a meat product to be considered low-fat, it must have no more than three grams of fat per ounce as do most cuts of buffalo meat.
* Consumers get more meat for their money. There is no fat to trim or cook out in buffalo, so there is more edible meat in comparison to other meat products
* The flavor of buffalo meat is smooth and is not strong or tough. Bison meat is naturally flavorful and tender and many notice a sweeter taste than with beef, which adds to the richness of the meat.
* The lower content of fat insures that Bison meat will cook faster. Keep all meats away from high heats to prevent from drying or lost of moisture.
* Buffalo Dogs, the newest love of Bison meat has become one of the fastest selling products. The taste is better than most other lines of hot dogs with a seasoning that is delicious and robust in size.